Guys, these Cheddar Garlic Biscuits are some of my favorite things to make. Seriously, I’ve been making them since high school and they never cease to amaze me. They have the perfect balance of butter, cheese, and garlic – which are all at the top of my list when it comes to savory bread – and they look stunning with minimal effort. Crisp and golden on the outside, soft and fluffy on the inside, they are an excellent addition to any meal!
One of the best things about these biscuits is that they only take five minutes to put together. I know! Too good to be true, right? Let me tell you, these beauties come together with just a bowl and a spoon. No fancy mixer or special tools needed here! Just old-fashioned muscle…well not even much of that (I’m pretty much made of marshmallow, so strength isn’t really my forte).
In addition to taking five minutes to whip up, they only take five ingredients too! Yay for quick-and-easy biscuits! The use of buttermilk baking mix really makes this recipe simple. You don’t need a baker’s kitchen to pull these off. Just a few ingredients and you have a gourmet touch to add to any meal!
After baking, you brush on a delicious, buttery garlic mixture that really gives the biscuits their punch of flavor. It seems like a lot when it’s going on, but trust me, you don’t want to leave a drop behind. It won’t make them soggy or anything, but it WILL make them irresistible! It’s best to eat the biscuits hot out of the oven, but you can store them in a sealed bag for a few days and they’ll reheat nicely. I like to serve them with pastas, soups, casseroles…really anything! Enjoy!
- 2 cups buttermilk baking mix (I use Bisquick)
- ⅔ cup milk
- ¾ cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup salted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine baking mix, milk, and cheese and stir until combined, about 30 seconds. The mixture will be sticky.
- Drop batter by large tablespoons onto the baking pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until they start to turn golden brown.
- While the biscuits are baking, mix the melted butter and garlic powder in a small bowl.
- When the biscuits come out of the oven, brush the tops of the biscuits with the melted butter. It looks like a lot, but use it all, adding two coats if necessary.
- Sprinkle with parsley for garnish.