Hey guys! I hope you’re hungry because I’m bringing you a bright, healthy spring recipe! When I think of spring, I think green. Green grass, green trees, and, most of all, green vegetables. Asparagus, broccoli, peas, herbs, it is all SO GOOD! Spring provides such delicious and vibrant produce, you barely have to do anything to it to make a delicious dish like these Creamy Spring Vegetables. A bit of acidity and some creaminess is all these fresh veggies need to make them truly crave-worthy.
This makes a great side dish, but I will say that I personally prefer it as a main dish…yep, I love my veggies that much! It’s hearty and filling and gives you that feel-good dinner satisfaction. Plus, it’s filled with fiber so it’ll keep you fuller longer! Something I always want in a meal is that feeling of fullness and happiness that leaves you comforted and cared for. This dish has that for sure!
The lemon and cream cheese both lend a bright, tart element to the dish, which works really well with all of the savory vegetables. A key to this dish is making sure that it’s seasoned properly. This dish needs a little more salt than I typically use so that the subtle flavors of the veggies can really come out, so be sure to taste and season based on what makes it best for you!
I hope that this dish brings the brightness of spring into your kitchen. Enjoy!
- 2 cups broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1½ cups asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1½ cups frozen peas
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place broccoli in a large pot and cover with an inch or so of water. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 5 minutes, or until the broccoli begins to get tender.
- Add asparagus and boil for another 2 - 3 minutes or until the asparagus gets tender. Drain.
- In a large saute pan over medium-high heat, add olive oil, frozen peas, and garlic.
- Cook until peas thaw and become bright green, about 2 minutes.
- Add green onion and cook another minute.
- Add cream cheese and cook until cheese is melted and creamy, a minute or so.
- Add lemon juice, parsley, salt, and pepper and stir until combined.
- Add broccoli and asparagus and toss until all veggies are coated with the creamy sauce.